Exfoliating your skin is one of the key factors in your skincare routine. But what exactly does it mean to exfoliate? Why you should exfoliate, and How to do it right? How often should you exfoliate, and what are its benefits?
Having smooth, radiant, and glowing skin is everyone’s ultimate skincare goal. And exfoliating or removing dead cells from your skin is important for skin nourishment and to get a smooth, radiant glow on your skin. Let us explore everything about exfoliation and how it can benefit your skin if done right.
What is Exfoliation?
The process of removing dry and dead skin cells from the outer layer of your skin is known as exfoliation. It improves blood circulation, enhances skin’s appearance, and gives your skin smooth, brighter, and glowing skin. Generally, after every 30 days of the cycle, the skin sheds those dead skin cells naturally. However, sometimes it doesn’t shed completely, leading to dry and flaky skin.
Ten Amazing Benefits Of Exfoliation Or Why You Should Exfoliate Your Skin?
- Stimulates blood circulation
- It gives you even tone skin
- Removes dry and flaky patches
- Improves skin texture
- Minimizes large skin pores
- It helps skin care products to penetrate the skin
- Prevent breakouts and clogged pores
- Smoother makeup application
- Reduces fine lines and signs of aging
- Lightens skin pigmentation
How Often Should You Exfoliate Your Face?It totally depends on your skin type and how your skin responds to your exfoliation routine.
- If you have dry or sensitive skin, you should not exfoliate more than once or twice a week, as exfoliating every day or more often can lead to further dryness. It can also irritate your skin which can lead to rashes or redness.
- If you have a normal skin type, exfoliating two to three times a week is recommended. However, you need to monitor how your skin reacts to it, and you can plan the frequency accordingly.
- If you have oily skin, your skin won't mind if you exfoliate daily. Having said that, it is crucial to see how your skin responds to exfoliation; you can decrease the frequency accordingly.
- People with combination skin can exfoliate twice a week.
When it comes to exfoliating your body, doing it once a week is an ideal frequency. However, if your skin allows, you can make it twice +a week as long as it does not irritates your skin.
How To Exfoliate?
Before going on to how to exfoliate your face or body, let us learn about the methods and tools used for exfoliation. There are three methods of skin exfoliation - Physical, Chemical, and Mechanical.
- The process of manually removing build-up dead skin cells using the granular scrub is called Physical Exfoliation.
- When we use acid, enzymes, or chemical-based products to get rid of dead skin cells, it is known as the Chemical Exfoliation process. Most of the common exfoliators contain Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) and beta hydroxy acids (BHAs).
- The mechanical Exfoliation method involves using devices or tools to physically remove the dead skin cells from the epidermis of the skin.
Tips To Exfoliate The Right Way:
- Pick the right exfoliator, depending on your skin type
- Steps for Exfoliating Face:
- Appy exfoliator using circular motions with your fingers. Massage your face gently in circular motions for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Wash off your face with cool water and pat your face dry.
- Apply moisture to soothe your skin.
- Exfoliating your Body:
- You can use an exfoliating body wash to exfoliate in the shower daily.
- You can also use a manual exfoliator or salt or sugar scrub to exfoliate your skin. For effective results, massage your skin with a scrub before the shower.
- Pay special attention to elbows, knees, and feet.
- Use a body lotion or moisturizer immediately after the exfoliation process to smoothen your skin.
- You can use Bronze Cactus Exfoliating Mitt once or twice a week for better results. It is designed for all skin types and is perfect for anyone who wants silky smooth skin after exfoliation.
Before your self-tan appointment or self-tanning at home, it is important to exfoliate your skin. Removing the dead skin cells before self-tanning is important because if you don’t exfoliate, your tan will not look good and won’t stay for long. It cleanses your skin and helps the self-tanning products absorb deeper, and you get a flawless sun-kissed glow.
If you are looking for tanning products or the best spray-tan products, do visit and explore our website Bronze Cactus Sunless.